Optimising website V 7.5
We finally did it...
New Optimising branding
We did a more detailed post on this in 2018 when we launched the new logo, but we’re still super happy with how it looks and what it represents.
For a little more detail check out our previous post here.
We were super lucky when our amazing designer, Shane Austin from We Go Beyond, came on-board to create our branding as well as the design concept for the website.
He was able to create something that seamlessly showcases the identity we were trying to create.
Check out Shane's portfolio to see more of his amazing work.
Build & technical setup
As much as we love a pretty design, being an SEO company we know that it's just as important that the site is well-built and as technically sound as we can make it (that's our game right!).
We made lots of decisions and some compromises to ensure that we were able to practise what we preach as much as possible.
We'll do a much more detailed post on the this side of things soon but here's a few brief technical points about the site:
- Developed on Craft CMS because, well we're talking Craft here guys
- Built for speed and is pretty well as fast as we can possibly get it running (And we have a few tricks up our sleeve to make it quicker)
- Hardcore caching
- Instant.page integration
- Lots more nerdy stuff
To take this one step further, we're looking at moving this website to 'headless' and build the frontend as a single page application (SPA).
Some thank you's
This exercise was a real team effort and I would like to thank a few people specifically:
- Simon for all his hard work with a challenging build
- Dan for his assistance with the PM and technical edits
- Nathan for his help with content
- Shane for the amazing design work
- Jason from Murbu for his initial and ongoing design work that helped mould our final product
What do you think?
Obviously we’re a little biased, but we love the new brand and website.
We’d love to hear your thoughts or feedback. Feel free to reach out to me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.