Online education is a wonderful thing, but as much as we love technology, we know that some lessons are best learned face-to-face.
For students living in rural and remote areas, studying a tertiary course off-campus can be a significant burden. Some activities can't be completed remotely, such as exams. Distance is also a barrier to further learning opportunities such as work experience and professional placement programs. This is increasingly important in the Marketing and Communications field, which has a competitive graduate market.
To help fix this imbalance between on-campus and off-campus learning, we have established a scholarship exclusively for students studying online in regional and remote areas. This scholarship is open to students studying a Marketing, Communications or IT-related tertiary course. For the winner, $2,000 will be awarded to cover travel and accommodation to your campus or nearest capital city over the course of one-year.
This scholarship will give the recipient the freedom to travel and attend:
- Special workshops, lectures or conferences
- Work experience opportunities
- Job interviews and networking opportunities
- If the recipient chooses to visit Melbourne, a one-week work experience placement at our Richmond office may also be available.
Who can apply?
- University and TAFE students
- Currently enrolled in a tertiary course in Marketing, Communications, IT or a related field
- Completing at least 50% of units online and off-campus
- Living outside of a major metropolitan area
How do I apply?
To apply, please send us either a 200-400 word written application, OR a 2-5 minute video explaining:
- Where you live
- What you're studying
- What you would use the scholarship for
- Where you want your career to take you
Video Application: To submit a video application, upload your video to YouTube and include a link to this page (https://www.optimising.com.au/scholarship) in the description so we can find it easily and contact us with a link to the video. Video recorded on your smartphone is fine, we're looking for passion and a clear need, not Hollywood-production quality.
Written Application: Written applications in a preferred PDF format.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms & Conditions
- Attending an Australian educational institution
- Winner will be selected via internal panel based on candidate's responses to application criteria
- The Optimising Online Marketing Scholarship will be continued each year with applicable application dates listed on this page