Our Distance Education Scholarship
Online education is a wonderful thing, but as much as we love technology, we know that some lessons are best learned face-to-face.
For students living in rural and remote areas, studying a tertiary course off-campus can be a significant burden. Some activities can't be completed remotely, such as exams. Distance is also a barrier to further learning opportunities such as work experience and professional placement programs. This is increasingly important in the Marketing and Communications field, which has a competitive graduate market.
To help fix this imbalance between on-campus and off-campus learning, we have established a scholarship exclusively for students studying online in regional and remote areas. This scholarship is open to students studying a Marketing, Communications or IT-related tertiary course. For the winner, $2,000 will be awarded to cover travel and accommodation to your campus or nearest capital city over the course of one-year.
This scholarship will give the recipient the freedom to travel and attend:
- Special workshops, lectures or conferences
- Work experience opportunities
- Job interviews and networking opportunities
- If the recipient chooses to visit Melbourne, a one-week work experience placement at our Richmond office may also be available.
Who can apply?
- University and TAFE students
- Currently enrolled in a tertiary course in Marketing, Communications, IT or a related field
- Completing at least 50% of units online and off-campus
- Living outside of a major metropolitan area
How do I apply?
To apply, please send us either a 200-400 word written application, OR a 2-5 minute video explaining:
- Where you live
- What you're studying
- What you would use the scholarship for
- Where you want your career to take you
Video Application: To submit a video application, upload your video to YouTube and include a link to this page (https://www.optimising.com.au/scholarship) in the description so we can find it easily and contact us with a link to the video. Video recorded on your smartphone is fine, we're looking for passion and a clear need, not Hollywood-production quality.
Written Application: Written applications in a preferred PDF format.
Please send your application to email@example.com.
Terms & Conditions
- Attending an Australian educational institution
- Winner will be selected via internal panel based on candidate's responses to application criteria
- The Optimising Online Marketing Scholarship will be continued each year with applicable application dates listed on this page
Eleanor from Adelaide University, pictured here with her award. She will be receiving training and support throughout next year.
Laura and Matthew are pictured here with their awards. Both will be receiving training and support on all aspects of Online Marketing.
Cindy La, pictured here receiving their award with one of Optimising's founders, James Richardson.