We loved hosting the last "Melbourne SEO Meetup" so much that we signed up to be the hosts for the May event, which was held last night.
The colder weather could not keep all the SEO fans away, with a healthy 65 people showing up to learn a little more from our speakers and enjoy another night of great networking.
As usual the pizza, beer, and wine were on point, but we also were graced with two great talks for the night.
First up was Iain Calvert from Calvert & Co.
Iain spoke about "Turning SEO into gold" which if we're honest doesn't do the talk justice.
He spoke about his long standing agency experience and some of the big things he learnt in that time such as:
- Staffing vs work capacity: When to make a move
- Outsourcing: How to do it properly
- Client: How to get them thinking about the value you bring, rather than getting caught up in your fees.
The audience really enjoyed something a little different for the group and we had some great questions.
Next up was Peter Macinkovic who was speaking about the complex issue "Everything you wish you knew about schema.org".
Peter spoke in depth about the theory, but also the practical applications and results that can be achieved:
- What is Structured Data?
- What are the standardised formats?
- What is Schema.org?
- Google SERP Enhancements from schema
- Schema.org debugging and some interesting case studies
Lots of people who helped make this happen:
- Blue shirt crew (Optimising) were amazing as usual
- Big thanks for Iain and Peter for giving up there time to give back some value to the community.
- And thanks to everyone who came…obviously too many to mention.
We did think that was our last one for a while but we're doing it all again on June 4th.