Melbourne SEO Meetup Recap - Tuesday April 2nd 2019
Posted on March 26, 2019
It's 6.30 and the office stairs are a hive of activity with all the best SEO talent gracing us with their presence for our first ever "Melbourne SEO" Meetup.
Now that we've finally put the office back together from the fantastic night hosting, we've had some time to reflect on what everyone said was a fantastic night of networking and learning.
We had over 80 people in attendance last night, which is an amazing sign of strength for the SEO community.
Aside from the beer and pizza, we had a great presentation from Jason Munn, Director at Overdose Digital.
Our developer Simon Lawrenson took some great notes from his talk:
- Keyword targeting younger generations via spelling.
- A robust and thorough keyword research process is vital - leave no stone unturned.
- Using an effective formula for title tags, such as `Women's sneakers by Nike | Free Shipping` is a great option to create unique metadata at scale.
- Great and thorough product page design and content is vital to make you keep ahead of competitors (See coffee machine example in below presentation)
A few people we would love to thank who helped the event go off seamlessly:
- Big thanks to the whole Optimising ‘Blue Shirt’ Crew for working hard to pull it off (Special mention to honorary Blue Shirt, Kat)
- Thank you to the organisers for giving us the opportunity to put it on.
- Huge thanks for Jason Mun for giving up his time to drop a great presentation on us
- And thanks to everyone who came…obviously too many to mention.
If you missed it, never fear, just keep May 7th in your diaries for the next one.
Finally I have to mention if you liked the tunes we played on the night, have a listen to the whole playlist!